Active Clear Glass
Filter media environmentally friendly made from glass recycled. 25 kg bag.
- Glass filter media is more efficient: Saving on backwashing and the resultant water, energy and chemical treatment costs.
- It's angular to sub-angular particle shape and bound silica content provides a 30% improvement in turbidity removal over silica sand.
- It generally removes finer particles from water than the equivalent grade of silica sand.
- It's non porous composition means its less likely to ''clump'' or channel than silica sand.
- With superior permeability, back washes take less time, saving water/sewer charges, and energy and chemical treatment costs.
Glass filter media keeps cleaner:
- It's less susceptible to bio-fouling as, unlike silica sand Glass media's particles have a smooth surface area, so bacteria can't get
- trapped in any cracks or flaws, which translates to less remedial action and again less chemical treatment to kill pollutants.
- Glass filter media requires less material: It's less dense than sand, requiring 10% less media to fill the equivalent filter.
- Glass filter media doesn't degrade: It therefore has a longer file span and may not need changing even when the filters are due for refurbishment.